GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE DIPLOMA
- Current Students (graduating current or next term)
- Alumni (graduated within the last 5 years)
- Alumni (graduated more than 5 years)
More information about diplomas can be found here.
- Diplomas for undergraduates will be mailed automatically.
- Effective Fall 2011, diplomas for graduates will be mailed automatically.
- Diplomas are usually available 3.5 months after graduation.
- Unclaimed diplomas are held for five years, after which they are shredded.
For further information concerning diplomas or replacement diplomas with a name change, call Cal Student Central 510.664.9181.
The Committee on Courses of Instruction (COCI) approves degrees approximately 2.5 months after the end of the term. Undergraduate degrees are awarded in the summer, fall, and spring. Graduate degrees are awarded in the fall and spring. The transcript will reflect the degree the Monday following the approval by COCI. Note: A requirement for graduation is to clear financial obligations to the University. Students will not graduate owing more than $200.00. Undergraduate Degree Requirements
: Check here to determine which requirements you need to satisfy in order to graduate from Cal, what degree candidacy is, and how to sign up to graduate. Certificate of Completion
: A Certificate of Completion can be requested before a degree is awarded. (Afterward, one must request a Verification of Degree.) Verification of Degree
: UC Berkeley Official Verification of Attendance and Degrees is the University’s official verification document. (If requested before a degree is awarded, you must request a Certificate of Completion, not a Verification of Degree.) These are most commonly used for proof of registration, verification of degrees earned, confirmation of full-time or part-time registration status, loan deferment information, etc. Honors by College
: GPA breakdown for Honors, High Honors and Highest Honors for graduation.