Join the UC Berkeley Public Affairs social media team who helps create and shape the visual expression and voice of the Berkeley brand on our main social-media channels — for an audience of 900,000+!
- Work as a videographer conceiving, designing, shooting and editing short videos that will engage our student audience and embody Berkeley’s brand.
- Conduct outreach and interviews for The #BerkeleyPOV Project and interact with our diverse student body.
- Transcribe interviews and capture photos or videos of students.
- Film live events on campus for Instagram and Facebook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Gain real-world experience working for the main campus communications office.
- Influence how we amplify student voices and campus values.
- Stay informed about campus news and events, and learn about campus policies.
- Flexible hours to accommodate your schedule.
- Work as a team with other creative students and industry professionals.
- Creative self starter.
- Passionate about social media and short-video formats.
- Good analytical and written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team.
- Strong sense of video composition and lighting.
- Experience with video-editing software, such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- Must have your own camera equipment. Sound equipment is a plus.
- Enthusiasm and “can-do” attitude.
- Must be eligible for work study.
- Photography, interviewing and strong writing/editorial skills.
- Comfortable in front of the camera as well as behind it.
- Sophomore or junior.
- 10 hours per week.
Apply today for Spring 2022!